Saturday, December 28, 2013

That's a wrap

santa, metrotimes, detroit, sean bieri 

One more surprise art gig for me as the year wraps us: I was checking my Facebook a couple weeks ago when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a message from the Metro Times' managing editor asking me to do some illustrations for them, for the first time in I dunno how long. The theme: letters to Santa - fake ones from local celebs and real ones from readers. Here's the cover art for the issue, plus a spot illo for a "letter" from Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr (who, among other things, is threatening to sell off artworks from the Detroit Institute of Art to settle the city's debts). Read the MT story and see more illustrations here.

christie's, reindeer, detroit, DIA, kevyn orr, sean bieri


No comments: