Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Insert trite comics pun headline here


I'm finally getting back into writing about comics for the free paper I work for. Not sure why the article is in the summer guide - none of these seem like lite beach reading, but then I don't go to the beach too much so how would I know?

Apologies for the dumb headline, I didn't write it. I guess comics writing is still novel enough (or graphic novel enough, ah ha ha ha...) to call for silly punny headlines. Imagine if every article on the symphony had a headline like "Maestro orchestrates a classic," or every emotionally evocative film ever made was described as a "moving picture" (hyuk!).

Art above is from 676 Apparitions of Killoffer. I've already read one review of this book that had a very different take on it than I have. What do you think?

No comments: